onsdag den 4. november 2009

Did my muse go on vacation?


She (or shouldn't I, as a woman, have a male muse? I mean we do live in an age with gender equality, don't we?) wasn't helpful at all when I tried to find inspiration to the stitch count for my design project. As I wrote earlier, I'm not that happy with the way the 1. and the 2. round looks when put together. It seems like the piece needs a round 3. or a change in either the 1. or the 2.

However, until I test tatted I did honestly think it would make a nice, flat something, but alas, that was not to be. It has a remarkable cup-shape now, and even if I were to beat it down with a sledge hammer, I'm quite sure it would pop back in that shape again. There is no way that is ever going to be flat (I think I might have done permanent damage to the scanner in the attempt to get a decent picture :o). So...back to the drawing board. Now, please ascend, you muse of fire tatting and give me the right stitch count so I don't have to do it all over again next time. QQ

4 kommentarer:

  1. No, I don't think the muse went on vacation but sometimes they also have to sleep, ya know ;-)
    The stitch count will be there before you know it.
    It looks really good.

    SvarSlet
  2. Oh, it is lovely! I am glad to have found you! I snuck a peak from Susanne's "blogs I follow" list and saw a new tatting blog name so, of course, I had t check it out! I see we both like cakes, too! I will have to check out your cakes. I like to decorate cakes with buttercream frosting and the piping and that stuff!
    Merry Christmas and Happy Tatting!
    ~TattingChic

    SvarSlet
  3. I have mostly done stuff with sugarpaste. I have a long wish list, how ever, for piping equipment (long enough to give my husband tics). I can't do as many cakes as I would like, since it's very hard work, and my lupus makes me so tired all the time. But I do try to get some done. I look forward to see what you make. :D

    SvarSlet
  4. Sulu it looks fantastic. I too have been directed here by Dantatter!!
    I love reading what you have here.

    Jenni (Victoria Australia)

    SvarSlet